Monday, November 28, 2011

Day After Thanksgiving

Jon and I
This shot was takent the day after Thanksgiving, which just happened to fall on my grandson, Zane's 17th birthday. Needless to say, we were having a good time, especially me.

 Believe it or not I had nothing alcoholic to drink, but could be suffering from food overload. Thanksgiving was filled with an abundance of fresh food from the harvest and a yummy turkey we all enjoyed. My son-in-law cooked the turkey, my daughter baked pumpkin pies, and the rest of the family brought their signature side dishes.

Day after Thanksgiving: Zane wanted his favorite meal for his birthday; "Grammy 's"  homemade sauce and meatballs. And that's what he got. The sauce was made with fresh tomatoes from the garden, other fresh veggies, and loads of meat (homemade Italian sausage, grilled spare ribs, and my special meatball recipe). 

After all that food, my grandaughter, Ivey, let me borrow her faux fox hat to try on. Jon said, "Cute, just don't go out in the woods with that on your head." He's always looking out for my safety as well as being lovingly supportive of me. Secretly, I think he wonders why he ever got mixed up with The Horse Pucky Queen.

No comments: