Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Treats Instead of Tricks at the Convent

This Halloween I decided to do a little trick-or-treating on my own rather than answer the door for the little crumb crunchers in my neighborhood. I figured a safe place to go would be to the local convent a few blocks away from my townhouse.

Around 6:30 p.m. I drove my pick up truck to the nunnery and parked it in their driveway, disguised as myself. I rang the convent bell, holding an empty champagne glass, with a huge grin on my face. The Sisters of Mercy actually let me in. They poured me a glass of champagne, fixed me an elegant meal, and sent me home with a box of chocolate teddy grahams.

It was one of the best Halloween Eve's I've had in a long time; especially after the second glass of champagne accompanied by loads of laughs.

The best part is having a box of chocolate teddy grahams all to myself.

4 comments:

lightly said...

and to think they say men never grow up.
booze and chocolate always a good thing.

i hope you made a little donation to the sisters.
they a good bunch you don't want them on your bad side, i have reason to believe that the man upstairs is on good terms with them.

well merry Christmas to you and your people.

oh wait, my bad, damn you walmart, i saw Christmas decor totally threw me off balance.

Pam Beers. said...

Champagne and chocolate are especially good together. I may try floating those little teddy bear grahams in a glass of "bubbly".

I did make a donation.

Isn't it ridiculous how early the Christmas decor is up?!

Newt said...

Ahh, the Sisters of Mercy! What stories I could tell. And probably will. It's been near a half-century, and I - and presumably they - are recovering quite nicely, thank you.

Pam Beers. said...

Oh, Oh, Ev. I can't wait to read about your Sisters of Mercy stories.