Monday, December 7, 2015
Before the general public starts shooting off their mouth about Muslims, take a close look at this headstone.
Just remember some Muslims died defending your right to say hateful and ignorant things about them. This soldier was only 20. (Taken from Ashton Elijah's brilliant photo and quote.)
Think before you speak.
Friday, December 4, 2015
This world is in a state of emergency; it's broken.
In the first place, the U.S. never should have gone into Iraq. It has escalated into a world of chaos, fear, anger, and a general devaluation of human life. We were reactive to 9/11 instead of being proactive.
Secondly, what gives any nation the right to cram their religious beliefs and cultural views down the throats of others. The U.S. is not alone in this narrow minded way of thinking. There seems to be a universal malaise that is deteriorating all human feeling. We have to do something as a group of globally caring people to stop the negative thinking and continual bloodshed.
I'm a practicing Catholic. I have good friends who are Jewish, Muslim, and Buddhist. Our cultures are different, but we all have the same goal...to endeavor toward achieving inner peace, serenity, and compassion for all human beings. None of us are perfect, but we all work hard at trying to be Spiritually centered and connected to the global community.
It's time for all world powers to end their need for control, greed, corruption, and constant fighting. I'm so disgusted with all the energy, lives, and brain power that is lost on all this horse pucky.
Think what this world would be like if we could pool our resources and make this a global environment we can all be proud of. Listen to John Lennon's song, "Imagine". It says it all.
You may have to delete ad or sit through it before listening to song. It's a great way to practice patience.
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
|Frances and Edward Lesniak 1943|
My mother was six months pregnant with me when my father was shipped off to Okinawa in 1943.
I never saw him until I was 3 1/2 years old.
Mom said Dad had coal black hair when he went into the service, and four years later came back with white hair.
He never wanted to talk about WWII. He never wanted to kill anyone.
All he wanted was to be with his wife and new daughter.
I miss him. He was 92 when he died.
Thursday, October 29, 2015
For those of you who think a woman, as the next Commander-in-Chief, would be a real plus for the women's rights movement, you may be correct. But not in the case of Hillary Rodham Clinton.
The past Clinton Administration should be called the Arkansas Mafia. There are too many dead bodies, in various locations, associated with Bill and Hillary Clinton.
1. Vincent Foster, Deputy White Counsel during first months of Bill Clinton's administration, who allegedly committed suicide. There are too many forensic facts saying otherwise. This was during the Whitewater, Travelgate, and Filegate investigations.
2. J. Christopher Stevens, U.S. diplomat and Ambassador to Libya. Islamic militants attacked the American compound in Benghazi, Libya 9/11/2012. As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton refused extra security prior to the attack. Also killed was Sean Smith, U.S. Foreign Service Information Management Officer.
3. Several hours later, one mile away, two CIA contractors, Tyrone S. Woods and Glen Doherty were also killed.
One of Hillary's comments when investigated about Benghazi was, "At this point what difference does it make."
She is guilty of improper direction of government business, cronyism, testifying falsely, lapsed security, and email breaches of security. Personally, I don't trust her as far as I can throw her.
Have you noticed that Hillary always seems to be at the core of White House problems and investigations?
Is this who you want for President of the United States of America?
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
I was driving by a small, brick church on the way to the grocery store this morning, and saw a sign out front that reads, "Heaven is free. Details inside." For those of you who are haven't been to church in a while or don't go at all, your may want to stop in for the particulars.
There are some interesting "F" words at Jenny's.
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Remember Dan Quayle? Why would you want to, except for some of us who like some instant idiocy in the form of a Dan Quayle quote.
Some of my favorites:
1. "The global importance of the Middle East is that it keeps the Far East and the Near East from encroaching on each other."
2. "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
3. "Republicans have been accused of abandoning the poor. It's the other way around. They never vote for us."
4."I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
5. "When you make as many speeches and you talk as much as I do and you get away from the text, it's always a possibility to get a few words tangled here and there."
It's really hard to believe that Mr. Quayle was the vice-president of the United States to George Bush from 1988-1992. Must be the pretty face.
There are more "I" posts at Jenny's.