Friday, November 18, 2011

Teddy Graham Experiment

Friday is the end of the work week for me. That's when I start getting a little squirrely.

During my lunch break, I decided to see how long it would take before a teddy graham would sink to the bottom of a cup of milk. I put four chocolate "teddy bears" into the milk at two second intervals. As you can see, the first one is almost totally submerged. You can still see the complete body of the last bear I plunked on top of the milk.

Purpose of the experiment: To see how long before they sank, and to let you know I think I've finally lost it. Boredom during lunch breaks does strange things to people's minds when they eat alone. 

In case you haven't already figured this out, the main reason I did this was to eat these delectable chocolate graham cracker morsels with an ice cold cup of milk. Believe me, they're delicious on top of the milk as well as after they've sunk to the bottom. It's one of those kinds of treats that are perfect when you're not sure what you want, but want just a little something.

P.S. Thanks to the Sisters of Mercy, I got my very own box of Nabisco chocolate teddy grahams when I went trick or treating at the convent on Halloween.

7 comments:

lightly said...

i always thought i was the craziest human alive, then along came bob and i lost my title, bob did not hold the title long when it was snatched away by randy.

its now my pleasure to handover the "2011 complete nut job award" to the winner mrs horse pucky

Randy Johnson said...

Pam: Congratulations! Your experiment has been reviewed by a board of certified scientists. They double checked your data, crunched all the numbers, and have confirmed your results. Yes, they agree… you are “getting a little squirrely.”

Pam Beers. said...

Thanks for the honor, lightly. Where's the champagne? Oh yes, just to let you know it's Ms. Horse Pucky, not "Mrs.".

Wow! Now I get an award from a board of certified scientists..."Squirrely".

Again, I'm truly honored.

Y'all really need to try those chocolate teddy grahams. They're really tasty.

Nick said...

You haven't "lost it." You're just tossing your cookies.

Pam Beers. said...

O-o-oh, Nick. A groaner, but good. Glad to hear from you.

itsmecissy said...

I've got the champagne! Wish they had Teddy Grahams in our vending machine, I could try this experiment at lunch time too.

Pam Beers. said...

Cathy, it's really a fu experiment. Your colleagues will think you've discovered the next great food challenge.

I wish we lived closer to one another, I'd love to have a glass of champagne with you. I guess the next best thing is to offer you a toast to our magnificent selves.