Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Candy has a Price

Halloween has always been fun for me. My, how things have changed! We're raising a bunch of wimps.

When I was a kid, I remember the grown-ups, whose door bells we rang, always had tricks up their sleeves to scare us. Their philosophy was, if you want candy prepare to be scared...and we were. I embraced that tradition when I became the adult answering the door to all the trick or treaters, wearing some sort of scary costume I created.

This year I got in trouble. An irate parent was upset because I scared his eight year old son when I answered the door, wearing a wolf mask. My comment was, "If you don't want to be scared then I suggest you give up Halloween." Furthermore, it was 10:30 pm at night when this guy rang my doorbell. I told him I didn't appreciate him ringing my doorbell at that hour. Too bad that his twerpy kid was so scared he forgot to take his candy...which I ate, enjoying every minute of it. I can't wait 'til next Halloween 'cause irate parents will be getting a treat bag with fresh horse pucky.

No comments: