Friday, December 19, 2008

Kitty Cat Crazies


It's that time of year. We have at least 10 inches of snow that fell since 9:00 a.m. today. Bear loves going hunting in the woods behind our house, but today was not the day for him. Ten inches of snow is just too much for the little guy to run through. Besides, all the rodents are hibernating, so the hunting looks pretty bleak.

As the day wore on, Bear got bored. He shredded my LL Bean catalog, and then destroyed an article I had written on a yellow legal pad. His teeth make great paper shredders.

As soon as I finished cleaning up shredded paper, I heard "thunder paws" tearing through the house at warp speed. He was waiting for me at the top of the stairs. When I spotted him, I made a "Pss-t" sound and he ran down the carpeted stairs, hit the linoleum floor and then skidded six feet, knocking over his water dish.

After that he disappeared for about three hours. He finds secret hiding places for his naps. One of his favorite spots is his cat condo; a posh cat carrier with a lambs wool liner that sits on a shelf in the family room.

Yup, it's that time of year when Bear gets the kitty cat crazies. I can't imagine what he'll be like in February. At least it's peaceful when he takes his three hour naps.

No comments: