Friday, October 17, 2008

It Happened Again

It happened again! What's with drivers who insist on using their cell phones while driving, or worse...text messaging! Some moron (whose gender will remain anonymous) almost ran me off the road because he had a cell phone "glued" to his ear and wasn't looking where he was going (now you know the gender). It isn't the first time this has happened and I suspect it won't be the last.

It's illegal in New York state to talk on a cell phone while driving; text messaging should invoke immediate jail time. The fine in our state for talking on a cell phone while driving is $100 pursuant to Vehicle and Traffic Law Section 1225C. Hands free mobile phones are the exception.

Someone I know got fined $250. Apparently the state trooper who caught her (yes, women do it too) was in a bad mood that day...probably sleep deprived from tracking down all those "drive while you use the cell phone" blockheaded nincompoops.

If you need to take or make a call, pull over and do it. Use your common sense. The next time I see someone on their cell phone while they're driving, I'm going to take the law into my own hands. I'll remember their driver's license, get their address, and send them an extra large bag of fresh horse pucky.

No comments: