Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Jack the Ripper

On the way out to the barn last night, it was so foggy, I could barely see 10 feet in front of me. It was really eerie. I got to thinking about Jack the Ripper. Before I got to the barn I was sure he was lurking somewhere in the woods by the side of the road, next to the creek. When I got to my destination, I was happy to see lights on in the barn and my favorite people.

Someone (whose name will go unmentioned for fear of being embarrassed) told me this morning, over breakfast, that Jack the Ripper was buried in Mt. Hope Cemetary in Rochester, NY. I told him he was full of horse pucky. But, he insisted his story was true. So, I looked it up and found other famous people buried there, but not "Jack".

Susan B. Anthony, the champion of equal rights for women, and Frederick Douglas, renowned leader of the anti-slavery movement are two of many notables buried at Mt. Hope Cemetary, but not Jack the Ripper.

The only thing, I can think of is maybe JtR came to Rochester for a much needed vacation after murdering all those women in the Whitechapel district of London. Susan B. Anthony found him and beat him over the head, repeatedly, with her hefty handbag until he crumpled into a pile of pithy pulp. After all, it would serve him right.

Frederick Douglas hired some friends to help bury "Jack's" body. No notoriety, just a quiet way to take care of women's rights, no matter what the woman's profession of choice.

4 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

...but just a few miles to the north in Rochester, Francis Tumblety (a leading Jack the Ripper suspect) is buried in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
...so you might want to leave the barn light on from now on.

lightly said...

Jack is alive and well and is a full member of the senate

Pam Beers. said...

lightly: ROFLMAO! So, that's what happened to him. Of course! It all makes sense now.

Pam Beers. said...

Randy: That's down right creepy! Thanks for the great info. Jon isn't full of horse pucky after all.

Why Holy Sepulchre? I didn't realize Jack aka Francis was Catholic. Very interesting. Thanks so much for visiting Horse Pucky and commenting.