Monday, August 2, 2010

Put a Little Sole Into Your Wine


Have you ever bought a really nice bottle of wine, got it home, and couldn't locate a corkscrew? I have. The next option is to call 911 for an emergency corkscrew delivery. Of course, the dispatch person is not too thrilled to get these kinds of calls.

There's a softer, gentler way to open a bottle of wine without the use of a corkscrew. It's a super idea that will thrill all you emergency dispatch personnel, who are sick and tired of me calling you at all hours of the night because I misplaced my wine-bottle-opening-devices.

Use your shoe. That's right, use your shoe to open a bottle of wine. Rather than try to explain how, I'll give you the URL and you can watch the video someone sent me. My friends don't worry about me anymore. http://www.wimp.com/wineshoe/

4 comments:

lightly said...

okay then, but not one to state the obvious butt if you need a drink that bad there is a whole whack load of drinks that do not require and engineering degree to get to the nectar.

"Vodka no cork screw no problem"

you do know you could have just asked someone for a cork screw like a neighbor

if you filled to the eyeballs in booze then logic and common sense are not valid arguments.

Pam said...

But, I like wine, lightly. It helps lower my cholesterol. My neighbors are never home.

itsmecissy said...

I like wine too, that's why I always carry a corkscrew in my purse (REALLY!). You never know when you're going to have one of those "wine emergencies."

And yes, I usually am the life of the party...just keep me away from karaoke. I do sing a mean "I can't make you love me" by Bonnie Raitt
(REALLY!)

God, I'm telling all my secrets!

Pam Beers. said...

Corkscrew in purse is a good idea. The only problem is, I have so much other stuff in my purse, there's no room for a corkscrew.

I suppose I could wear a one of those fancy corkscrews around my neck. Yeah, that's what'll I'll do.

You are multi-talented, itsme.