Friday, June 5, 2009

Is It Tube Steak or Tube Snake Boogie

There seems to be some confusion as to ZZ Top's song Tube Snake Boogie. Some think it's Tube Steak Boogie. You decide.

The American rock trio that formed in 1969 wrote songs that are full of sexual innuendo and humor, so I can understand the mix up. I heard it was originally the Tube Steak Boogie, but had to be changed so it could be aired.

I'm a huge fan of ZZ Top. All these years I thought it was Two Step Boogie. I love to dance to their music and never really listened very carefully to the words. After reading the lyrics online, now I understand why tube snake could be misinterpreted for tube steak, neither of which I knew about until I reached my mid-sixties.

Sometimes being naive is blissful, but the lyrics and music to Tube Snake Boogie is a tad raunchy and just plain fun, appealing to the naughty side of my personalty.

Get down and sing along with the lyrics.

Lyrics to Tube Snake Boogie: Compliments of http://www.lyricsfreak.com/

I got a girl she lives cross town,
Shes the one that really gets down.
When she boogie,
She do the tube snake boogie.
Well now boogie little baby,
Boogie woogie all night long.

I got a girl she lives on the block,

She kinda funky with her pink and black socks.
She likes to boogie,
She do the tube snake boogie.
Well now boogie woogie baby,
Boogie woogie all night long.

I got a girl, she lives on the hill.
She wont do it but her sister will,
When she boogie,

She do the tube snake boogie.
Well now boogie little baby,

Boogie woogie all night long.

Blow your top blow your top blow your top.


Life is too short. Have fun!

4 comments:

ian in hamburg said...

Ah, tube sNake! It still fits, though...

Pam Beers. said...

ian, it does fit...if you pardon the pun. It's fun no matter how you look at it. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

According to the liner notes of the 1992 compilation album ZZ Top's Greatest Hits, the band writes "'tube snake' is gnarly lingo for a surf board. Either way, it's good clean fun."

Pam Beers. said...

Anon: I didn't know the song had anything to do with surf boards. Thanks for the interesting update. BTW I 've always liked the word "gnarly".