Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Horse Pucky Blooms


I just dumped 20 gallons of horse pucky in my garden. It's still pretty chilly here in upstate New York, but I'm seeing green shoots, buds, and a stray fly.

What really excites me right now are all the poppy leaves shooting up from the ground in furry, lacy, curls! They're double what they were last year at this time. I just know it's from all the horse pucky I mulched into the soil the last two years. The stuff really works!

Taking pictures with my Kodak digital camera is always an experiment to see how accurate I can be in capturing the true beauty of the flowers. The pink poppy is reminiscent of a Georgia O'Keeffe painting; one of my favorite artists. This is one of last year's blooms.

2 comments:

itsmecissy said...

I love Winter but I have to admit, seeing the Irises and Daffodils coming up in my garden right now is amazing.

Pam Beers. said...

So nice to see your comment, itsme. Spring is the time of year when the miracles of life continue to amaze me.