Thursday, July 26, 2012

Telltale Bubbles


Some days I can get away with everything, other days I can get away with some things, but most days I can't get away with anything. 

Last weekend I was swimming in the middle of Seneca Lake, surrounded by family and friends when all of a sudden the only thing surrounding me were thousands of bubbles. Everyone pointed my way, laughed, and left the premises, which is not an easy task when you're in the middle of a long, deep lake. In fact, Seneca Lake is the longest, deepest Finger Lake in upstate NY. It is 38 miles long, and 838 feet deep with a mean depth of 291 feet.

There you have it. Nothing is sacred, even in 300 feet of water. Those telltale bubbles have made me the laughing stock of the family for years to come. I'll never hear the end of it. My new nickname is...BUBBLES.

11 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

I’m surprised you didn’t come up with this excuse immediately: Blame it on the wine. After all that's where Don Ho said Tiny Bubbles come from… but boy, you must have drank a lot to make that many!

Pam Beers. said...

It wasn't the wine 'cause I didn't have any. It was probably the chilli dog with hot peppers that did it.

Randy Johnson said...

What? No wine? Well there's your problem right there ;)

Pam Beers. said...

Wine and 300 feet of water while swimming is not a good idea. But, I did have a bit of vino with dinner after the swim.

Along These Lines ... said...

You mean, you didn't blame the fish?

Pam Beers. said...

Yes, Nick, I did blame the fish, but everyone said, "Yeah, right!"

Robert Crane said...

Hey Bubs, this is why you should wear a swimsuit, it traps the bubbles making a rather nice floatation device.

itsmecissy said...

I'd have blamed the Loch Ness monster, definitely.

Pam Beers. said...

Hey Bobby, nice to hear from you. That flotation device thing is a good idea!

itsme, there were enough bubbles so I could've blamed the Loch Ness monster.

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun! You need to come back out before the water gets too cold!!
Love,
Sue

Pam Beers. said...

Sue, we had a blast! I love the water and the pleasure of all your company. Thanks for a great day.