Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Manure Tour

This morning, as I was taking Silver out of the pasture to ride, her pasture mate, Sadie, cleverally snuck around Silver and pushed her way through the gate. Sadie galloped footloose and fancy free for at least 15 minutes. She ran through the barn, out the open door, and jumped over the manure pile kicking horse pucky in every direction. That little horse can jump.

I started thinking, something I try not to do too often, as I'm trying to conserve brain cells in my senior years. Anyway, as I was watching all that horse pucky flying in 100 directions all at once, I thought about the political campaigning going on and the national and local horses asses that run for office.

At least Sadie was having fun, not hurting anyone, and eventually came back to me after her scenic tour of the farm, which didn't cost taxpayers anything.

Think about our politicians. They spend millions on campaigns, then make a career out of bilking the American people with their travel junkets, lavish retirement plans and benefit packages. Doesn't matter if  they do a poor job, a mediocre job, or even a just a good job. They all retire at 100% salary plus full benefits. Who do you think pays for that?

From now on I think I'll start calling the political campaign trail, the manure tour.

2 comments:

itsmecissy said...

Manure tour, I like it!

Pam Beers. said...

Hey itsme! Glad you like it. I haven't posted in a while 'cause it's been a crazy, busy summer. Things have finally slowed down a bit.

It's always a pleasure to hear from you.