Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Horse Pucky Advice: Black or Not

Dear Horse Pucky,

I'm going to a wedding next weekend and I have a cute little black dress I want to wear. All my friends are telling me that black is inappropriate to wear at a wedding especially in the summer time. I really don't feel like spending the money on a new dress, and I look great in black. What do you think?

~Sweet Sue from Kalamazoo

Dear Sue,

Wear the black dress and tell your friends to buzz off. Black is perfectly appropriate for weddings and funerals. You're covered no matter where you go; from the beginning to the end. I laud your practicality and good sense.

~Horse Pucky

4 comments:

Robert Crane said...

why are little black dresses cute. is it because they're black or because they're little. i think it's because they're little. you never hear anyone say, hey i have a cute big black dress. plus i wish i had a nickle for every time i heard someone say i've got a cute little number to wear. doesn't matter what color and a number no less. so i'm thinking it's cute because it's little, not because it's black.

whatcha think about that horse pucky?

Pam Beers. said...

This is what I think, Bobby. The dictionary says "cute" means "dainty". It's all about cute AND black AND doing your own thing.

So, there you have it. Go have a glass of Merlot on me. ~Horse Pucky

lightly said...

nobody is going to notice anyway, wear bright red shoes that may get u noticed

Pam Beers. said...

lightly, I think wearing ONLY the red shoes will definitely get Sue noticed. ~Horse Pucky