Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Flamingo Girl

As I said in a previous blog, I get inspiration from you wild and wooly Horse Pucky readers. In this case, it's a loveable Floridian who claims I'm a "tacky-flamingo girl", which is  based on a comment I made on one of his blog posts.

I hate to admit this, but I LOVE those tacky, pink flamingo statues. "How could you," you ask, as you roll your eyes in disbelief? Because I think they're hilarious. Every time I see one, I laugh. They're especially funny when they come in groups of 50.

Cohorts of mine strategically placed 50 pink flamingo statues in a neighbor's yard to celebrate their friend's 50th wedding anniversary. What a comically clever and whimsically wacky idea!

For those of you who are into these delightful, amusing "birds", you can also purchase a 17" high neon flamingo. Think of all the fun you'll have, especially if the neon "bird" flashes its feathers on and off. 

Now I know what to get my friends and family for their birthdays. By the way, when is everyone's birthday?

2 comments:

Newt said...

"-----------" (Long, embarrassed silence.)

Pam Beers. said...

No need to be embarrassed here in Horse Pucky land. It's all about inspiring the funny bone. And, you do that so well, Ev. Thanks.