Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Little Pink Book with the Big Green Pickle

Jon and I were in Barnes & Noble over the weekend to purchase books for our grandchildren. I could live in B & N because I love to read. They also have great coffee, and some pretty good eats. Jon, on the other hand, would rather watch his car rust than read a book, so I went off on my own to shop, leaving Jon to do his own thing. 

As I was making my rounds through the store to find the perfect book for each of the young'uns, Jon came around the corner and said, "Ps-s-s-t, come here a minute. I think I found a book you can get me for Christmas." As I walked toward him, I looked up toward the bookshelf and saw a little pink book. "Oh no!", I said.. "I knew it!" He was looking at a book titled Tickle Your Pickle. I told him, "There is no way I'm buying that book for you for Christmas!"

With my luck I'd get it mixed up with the gift wrapped books we bought for our grandchildren.

3 comments:

lightly said...

ok i want that book too.
Gift wrap it with a bow, might have to use the bow later (not sure what is in the book , i'm just saying).
hell i might even find suggestions that will allow me to use all those dumb "tie" gifts everyone sends me.

to the entire horse pucky crowd and bob , I wish you all a merry merry christmas and a happy new year

Robert Crane said...

geez i have to come here to get secret messages from lightly.

well, remember, it's not the size of the pickle but the aim of the tickle that counts. (or something like that.)

anyway merry christmas pam and jon (and yes lightly too!)

Pam Beers. said...

lightly: Send me your address, and I'll send you the book.

Bob: It's not the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Hugs!