Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blue Hair and Bad Driving


It happened again! I was driving along, minding my own business, when someone in front of me with blue hair swerved across two lanes of traffic to make a right hand turn, missng me by a frog's hair. I never noticed the make of car; only the fact that the driver had blue hair.

We all know blue hair means one thing...little old ladies who don't see very well. I'm telling you, I think those blue haired grannies have magic powers. They always manage to miss hitting other vehicles while motoring along, but they're oblivious to the 20 car pile-up they just caused.

What's even more intriguing is the fact they all have blue hair. I think they must go to the same hair dresser while planning their attack during rush hour traffic.

I've learned two things through my harrowing blue hair experiences. One: When I see a driver with blue hair, I take another route. Two: I realize, at 65, I've fallen into little old lady status myself. I just don't have blue hair. I use L'Oreal.

4 comments:

stillthinking said...

I think this is hilarious, because I usually get the whole Asians can't drive thing. To that I respond, I have never been in an accident that was found to be my fault. Not once. The other drivers must have cat like reflexes. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment ST. Gotta love those senior citizens who think it's everyone else's fault.

Kathleen said...

Too funny! This reminds me of my aunt, although she colors her hair many different shades of brown. She drives on 490 often, so beware! She is the old lady in the big red car who is always talking to the Onstar lady (not aware that she is talking to a recording. "That dumb cluck hung up on me again.")

Anonymous said...

Cathleen, I think I saw your aunt! So, that's who she was talking to...the Onstar lady. LOL