Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Horse Pucky Advice: Life After Death

Dear Horse Pucky,

We just got back from a funeral for my Uncle Josh. Ater the funeral we all met at my cousin's house for brunch. Some moron started tallking about his religious beliefs or rather disbeliefs and said there is no life after death, no heaven, no nothing. His statement was, "When you're dead, you're dead!" I thought he was out of line and downright rude. What are your thoughts on this?

~I Hate Morons

Dear IHM,

First of all "Hate" is a pretty strong word, but anger is understandable when you're grieving. One of my rules in group situations like this is: Never discuss religion, politics, or sex unless you're ready for World War III.

We live in a country where we are able to practice religious freedom. Whether you believe or don't believe in a life after death is beside the point. The point is to respect others opinions and be especially compassionate during bereavement time. 

My personal opinion is, I think the person who brought this up in the first place is an insensitive dolt and totally out of line at a very sensitive time. Someone needs to send him a bag of horse pucky.

~Horse Pucky

6 comments:

lightly said...

there is life after death, just come to my work at 5.

Pam Beers. said...

lightly, this is so funny, I laughed 'til I cried. Mostly because it's true. I love it!

itsmecissy said...

OMG we work at the same place???

Pam Beers. said...

Now, now. Sounds to me like you two need new jobs. There is a job opportunity out at the barn for someone to clean stalls. $12.00/hour. It's peaceful and quiet. Just think, you'll be shoveling real horse pucky instead of the daily metaphorical pucky you're shoveling now.

itsmecissy said...

Does it include health care and a retirement pension?

Pam Beers. said...

It does include health care. The retirement part is up to you.